2018 Valli Waitaki Vineyard Riesling
"Freshly squeezed lime juice with hints of pineapple and jasmine flowers on the nose awaken the palate to zesty lime, spicy white pepper and incredible earthiness that sings of limestone soils. The prominent acidity is beautifully balanced with the highly concentrated, ripe citrus palate giving the wine great length and extreme freshness. Medium bodied and energetic, this wine is delicious on its own but will also pair wonderfully with fresh fish, seafood, summer salads, and light-medium spiced Indian or Thai cuisine. A fragrant and earthy wine, it will continue to develop for 10 + years showing more richness and secondary characteristics."
Awards and Reviews
- 91 Points - Decanter Magazine, Rebecca Gibb MW
- 94/100 Points - 5 stars - Sam Kim - Wine Orbit
- 19/20 Points - 5 Stars - Raymond Chan
- 93/100 Points - 4 Stars - Bob Campbell MW
- 92/100 Points - Nick Stock - JamesSuckling.com